Promon is excited to announce our newly established research program/internship!
Starting January 2024 we will welcome two students to work alongside our Development team, to learn and research the expansive world of mobile app security. The program will run until summer 2024.
To be eligible to apply you have to be enrolled in either a Bachelor or Master program - ideally with a cyber security focus, and with an expected graduation date of summer 2024 or later.
This is a paid internship, with a time commitment of approximately 10-20 hrs/ week, physically in our Oslo office.
What will you learn?
We have created a dynamic program where you'll be able to influence what you'll be researching and diving into. During our interview process we'll be welcoming your input and thoughts on what you would like to research, and how to make the most of your time with us.
Below are some examples of areas to explore:
- LLVM based obfuscation
- Binary obfuscation
- Java Obfuscation
- Code emulation using the Qiling framework
- Binary file manipulation using the LIEF framework
- Code tracing using Frida Stalker
- Analysis of iOS Jailbreak detection bypass tweaks
- Analysis of the macOS application security threat landscape
- Framework for automatically performing attacks on Android apps
- Framework for threat intelligence
- Using modified Android firmware to evade root and hooking framework detection
- Mobile apps have become an integral part of our lives and the need for robust security measures has never been greater. Interning with Promon positions you at the forefront of a high-demand field, offering invaluable experience in an area of cybersecurity that is constantly evolving.
- Mobile app security is a niche specialization within the broader field of cybersecurity. As our intern you'll be honing your skills in an area that is directly relevant to the future of technology.
- You will work with some of the best app security experts and mobile security thought leaders in the world.
- We provide a dynamic and international working culture, focused on trust, curiosity, humor and ambition - we bring our whole selves to work.
- Get inspired, chat with our fun and engaging international team - share travel stories, cultural differences, strange things to eat, while learning more about the world!
Where you'll work:
- We prefer our interns to work physically in our Oslo office, as we believe that the in-office experience can provide a more comprehensive and enriching internship, offering valuable opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development that may be challenging to replicate in a remote setting.
- Our Oslo office is brand new! Our recent move to Vika provides us with a fresh & new office space - and plenty of room for our growing team. We also have access to unlimited amounts of excellent high-quality coffee + a drawer filled with snacks. Oh, and baked goods often appear, planned or impromptu!
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29th, 2023
Employment at Promon is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general background check which might include education and employment verification. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.